Imagine discovering a lost garden with tunnels and underground grottoes buried under thousands
of tonnes of soil for over 50 years.
That’s what happened at
Built around 1895 the gardens were buried just after World War Two and rediscovered in 2000.
The gardens contain many ponds and rills but interestingly a labyrinth of underground grottoes, tunnels and sunken ferneries.
The rock gardens are made up
of a mixture of real stone and
faced stone using various
types of Pulhamite.
We recommend a minimum of 1½ hours to visit the Garden,
however, most groups stay much longer than this.
It is our policy to meet and welcome all visiting groups on arrival.
Your coach driver will be offered refreshments, and both driver
and courier may enter the gardens free of charge.
Sorry no dogs other than guide dogs are permitted enter the gardens.
Dogs are not permitted to enter the Tea Room at any time.
There is very limited access for wheelchairs
in the garden and no access to the underground areas.
We have disabled toilet facilities in the tea room area.